CHAPTER 22: NONCARDIAC SURGERY
1. Which of the following would be expected in RV pressure overload?
a. Systolic paradoxical septal motion
b. Late diastolic paradoxical septal motion
c. Both systolic and diastolic paradoxical septal motion
2. Which of the following is a relative contraindication to TEE probe insertion?
a. Esophageal diverticulum
3. Which of the following valves is least likely to be affected by endocarditis?
4. What percentage of endocardial thickening is consistent with normal segmental motion?
5. Which of the following is characterized by a smooth parabolic shape of the spectral Doppler velocity profile?
a. Native aortic stenosis
b. Dynamic LVOT obstruction
c. Tricuspid regurgitation in carcinoid disease
d. Severe mitral stenosis
6. The interventricular septum flattens and is displaced toward the left ventricle at what point with RV pressure overload?
7. Which of the following is not a potential cause of a segmental wall motion abnormality?
c. Severe mitral stenosis
d. Left ventricular hypertrophy
8. Which of the following best describes the MR in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy?