CHAPTER 24: STRAIN AND STRAIN RATE IMAGING
Select the one best answer for each of the following questions.
1. The units of measurement for strain and strain rate are, respectively:
2. At which point in the cardiac cycle is normal left ventricular strain at its peak value?
3. At which point in the cardiac cycle does normal left ventricular strain rate have a value of zero?
a. End-systole and during diastasis
b. Isovolumic contraction and isovolumic relaxation
c. Atrial contraction and isovolumic contraction
d. Late systole and late diastole
4. What does positive regional strain indicate about cardiac function?
a. Enhanced myocardial contractility
c. Reduced myocardial compliance
d. Normal diastolic filling
5. Which of the following is based on low-frequency, high-amplitude signals from wall motion and relies on insonation angle?
b. Doppler myocardial deformation
c. Doppler transmitral flow
6. Which of the following best describes the integration of the velocity gradient between two points divided by the distance between them?
7. Which of the following best describes signals that have a homogeneous spread throughout the myocardium, a relatively constant backscatter pattern throughout the cardiac cycle, and can be recognized by feature tracking algorithms?