CHAPTER 23: THREE-DIMENSIONAL ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY
1. Which of the following is correct regarding three-dimensional datasets acquisition?
a. Follows the same physics principles as two-dimensional echocardiography
b. Image quality is independent of frame rate
c. Does not allow imaging with color flow Doppler
d. Allows higher frame rates than two-dimensional echocardiography
2. Advantages of three-dimensional echocardiography when compared with two-dimensional echocardiography include which of the following:
a. Better axial resolution
b. Better temporal resolution
c. Better lateral resolution
d. Better measurement of chamber volumes
3. Which of the following enables higher temporal resolution in 3D imaging?
b. Increased dataset width
d. Multibeat gated acquisition
4. All of the following are modalities of three-dimensional imaging except:
5. Which of the following is not a three-dimensional display modality?
6. A zoomed mode of imaging by three-dimensional echocardiography is adequate to image all the following structures except:
7. Decreasing line density in the imaging sector will result in which of the following changes?
b. Lower axial resolution
c. Higher lateral resolution
d. Higher temporal resolution