CHAPTER 21: VENTRICULAR DISEASES
Select the SINGLE BEST answer for each item.
1. Which one of the following is the most commonly occurring primary cardiomyopathy?
2. Which of the following best describes the ratio of the LV long-axis length divided by the LV short-axis length in systole and diastole?
3. The myocardial performance index (Tei index) is best defined as the ratio of which of the following times?
b. Isovolumic to diastolic
c. Isovolumic to ejection
4. Which of the following best describes dilated cardiomyopathy?
a. Isolated diastolic dysfunction
b. Isolated chamber dilatation
c. LV hypertrophy and diastolic dysfunction
d. Chamber dilatation and systolic dysfunction
5. Which of the following is best described as a common genetic cardiomyopathy with an autosomal-dominant trait?
6. The risk of sudden death in HCM patients is highest in which of the following categories?
c. LVOT gradient >50 mm Hg
d. Hypertensive stress response
7. Severity of mitral regurgitation does not correlate with risk of heart failure in which of the following conditions?
a. Dilated cardiomyopathy
b. Ischemic cardiomyopathy
c. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy